Thursday, August 25, 2011

CRACKERS & JAM

Crackers and jam are a favorite snack at the farm. It really isn't anything I would have ever thought would be good together. Sister K handed me one the first time we spent an extended amount of time there. I took it graciously but I thought, what an odd thing, to put jam on a cracker. However, it is so incredibly yummy. Today she brought out fresh cherry jam and handed my a package of crackers. I am certain I cleared off half a stack of crackers on my own. The jam was so incredibly yummy.
Sister K. tossed the chickens some crackers. They rushed through the farm like a great wind, moving like they were one solitary mass. Mr. Pantaloons (see the rooster to the right.) is the leader of the mass. They began to peck at the ground eating up small crumbs. Brother C. glanced at them, calling them the Mexican Maffia with a broad smile across his face. Brother Bob is Sister K's father, and tends to a plot of land on Sister K's farm. He is the dearest old man. He could be my grandfather. He teaches us so many things. On Saturday, I got a timid phone call from his wife. She said, "Brother Bob came home with a ton of barbie dolls from a garage sale. He thought the girls would like them. I don't know if you allow your girls to play with barbies. Do you? Can you call me back?" How sweet of him to think of my girls. Sweeter still for Brother Bob's wife to be concerned about whether it was appropriate. Thinking about their sweet generosity to my girls tugs at my heart. All the barbies were practically new, and he picked them up a pile of clothing too. So, so sweet. I miss my sweet CC it wasn't the same being at the farm without her. I don't like this all day school thing. (I am making a mad face a very mad face.)

No comments: