Friday, September 2, 2011

LEARNING TO ROLLAR BLADE

Sierra got rollar blades for her birthday. She wanted them. (I was tired of her always slopping around in mine.) However, she opened them and tossed them to the side. She never put them on, despite constant encouraging for close to a month. (All of her cousins around the age of 10 wanted to try them. I think that is the age I should have bought them for her.) Yesterday, I woke up and said, "Today we are rollar blading to school together." She was scared but we had time. I held on to her and we skated to school. It was sloppy and we fell twice, once in the middle of a busy intersection, but we made it. On the way back, I brought the stroller and it was a lot better. She says she loves it and she wants to always ride her skates to school. So, this maybe the new way in which we travel to school.

No comments: