Monday, July 23, 2012

DOWN of the FARM

 We have spent a lot of time down on the farm this summer.
The girls have spent many a lazy morning catching water skippers and toads.
Sierra always spends plenty of time hugging the chickens.
I am pretty sure they don't like. They often peck her but she isn't discouraged.


The turkey pictured below has a story to tell.
I carried him home as a baby in a little box with his brother and sister.
 He looked like a fluffy baby chick.
He grew fast. His brother was an aggressive mean turkey. He would follow me around the farm. The second I would turn my back he would peck my bum. He would also get the other two turkeys to follow us around and scream at us. Madison was terrified. Truthfully, was terrified too.
Then one day this turkey (the nice one) got stung by a wasp.
His entire head blew up and he was frightening looking. We called him fat neck.
 The brother and sister picked on him. We thought he was going to die. We were sad.
After several weeks he came out of it.
The bad turkey was getting meaner and meaner.
Sister Kay had a garage sale.
A nice old couple came and they said they needed a turkey.
Kay let them have the brother.
Thankfully he is gone. The turkey's don't bother us anymore.
I can weed without looking over my shoulder.
Goodbye naughty turkey, you will not be missed.



No comments: