Monday, October 14, 2013

BROKEN ELBOW

 
Last Thursday I was laying on my bed a bit sad, sometimes life is just difficult. I was crying and praying. The thought came to me that when I felt dumpy as a young adult, I would always get in my car and drive to the Mount Timpanogus Temple. I would sit in the parking lot and weep until I couldn't anymore and talk to me Father-in-Heaven. Then when I got a bit older I was blessed with my endowments. I would go inside the temple and I would feel peace there. I went frequently and sought direction for my life. I wanted to be there again.

The next morning I packed mine and children's bags and we left for the temple. I dropped my children off at my parents house and after changing into a dress, I went straight to the temple. I was filled. I had felt a bit empty but being there filled me with peace and direction. The Holy Ghost spoke to me in a very personal way. I received answers I had been seek for ten years and direction I have wanted just as long. I am so grateful.

I wanted to make a trip to Utah to bottle fresh applesauce with my parents. My parents said if I would stay through until Monday they would bottle applesauce with me. Deal. I watched General Conference with my parents all weekend. I love conference weekend. This talk particularly touched me.

Monday morning came and I left with my sister to go and pick pears. While I was gone Madison broke her elbow falling from a four foot slide. It still dumbfounds me. I really think this poor child has been sick and hurt more than she hasn't because of the pneumonia she suffered last January. She has just been weak ever since. I took her to the doctor and because she was barely fussing I don't think they thought anything was wrong with her. It took nearly three hours just to get a splint and  sling on it. She kept whispering, "Mom it hurts so bad." I asked for some medicine but she wouldn't take it. She fell asleep on my shoulder waiting for the doctor. She begged me to sing "flower gleam and glow." She thinks her hair is magical. I sang it through three times and she was out. They came in and said she was fine and most likely she twisted it. Then they came back and said, "Nope, she broke it."

James got sick and I had to run a few errands for Nate, so we couldn't leave on Tuesday. We finally came home on Wednesday. James has been terribly sick ever since. He has had a runny nose that turned into a three day fever. When the fever broke he had a rash covering his whole body. He looked scary. After days the rash went away. Now he has a sever cough and has so much phlegm in his throat he sounds like he is drowning. I took him in when he had a fever the doctor said it was just a minor ear infection and sent him home. I haven't taken him back again.

Madison's arm has had very little affect on our lives. She is so proud of her cast. She said a hundred people asked her how she broke her arm at church. She was so proud and happy. This little incident has really helped her come out of her shell. The orthopedic surgeon paid her a compliment. She said, she sure isn't an anxious child and she has a real high tolerance of pain.

James, that is altogether another story, I want my little boy to get better. Please keep him in your prayers.



No comments: