Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SOMEONE IS 5! WHAT?

Madison is five. It is hard for me to believe. Sierra turned five shortly after we moved to Colorado. It is amazing to me that the girl I considered my baby for so long is now five. I still call her my baby girl. She gets mad and tells me she isn't a baby anymore. What? I started this blog a few months before she was born, so her entire life has practically been documented here. I am grateful for her and love every ounce of her. A few things about Madison. She is always happy and it is really easy to get her to laugh. She is almost always laughing. She makes friends easily. When she has friends over she likes to be in charge of their play. She is always willing to help me with anything I need her to help me with. She is brave. She tells me this all the time. I am brave. I am more brave than my sister. She is braver than her sister in a lot of ways. She isn't afraid of anything. She is more cautious than her sister and she doesn't want to do a lot of things her sister does, but she is braver than her. Sierra will get Madison to do things she won't do like take the neighbor's cookies or go in the dark storage room to get applesauce.

Story: Sunday was the primary program. Madison snuck her little spray bottle onto the stage. She sat and sprayed it on herself and the two little boys standing next to her and the audience. I was mortified. Nate wasn't at church. I was alone. I had James. My hands were tied. I kept praying her teacher would notice and take it away but she never did. I told her she had to sit on a chair when we got home and I told her she had to go to the Primary President's house and tell her she was sorry for what she did. She didn't flinch. She said, "Okay, I will." Brave.

Her daddy said he was going to take her to lunch anywhere she wanted to go. On the way I asked her where she wanted to go. She said, "McDonalds." I tried to sway her. I kept saying, Chick-fil-A over and over again. I told her about the cool play place they had. She said, "McDonalds."  I said, "There nuggets aren't even chicken they are just crumpled paper." She said, "I like their nuggets." I said, I won't make you the fancy cake you want for your birthday just a plain dumb cake. (Bad Mom!) She said, "That is okay, I don't need a fancy cake." STINK!

We went to McDonalds! Yuck! She loved it though and that is all that counts.

I made her the fancy cake she wanted. She carried around this thimble sized plastic My Little Pony cake and begged me to make her one just like it and I am pretty sure I nailed it!

I bought her one gift this year and a mylar balloon. We have a tradition of filling the living room floor with balloons on their birthday, but I have this paranoia about James choking right now... not sure why. I thought she would be disappointed with not having more than one present to open but she wasn't. As a matter of fact she seemed more satisfied and happy. I bought her a little magnetic, wood, paper doll set from Sam's club. Her and her sister stayed up till 9:30 playing with it. Sierra said Madison was so lucky. She was so lucky.






 





No comments: