Sunday, October 27, 2013

THANK YOU BONNIE!

Bonnie saved my life yesterday. I know people use that statement tritely but sincerely she was an angel. We got to spend time together which was fun. We got to visit with her husband and he is amazing. I got to meet my newest nephew.

Nate has been planning this trick-or-treating event for over a month. He asked me to take pictures of the kids in costumes and then he is going to have them printed and have the families come and pick them up at the office. (He offered me any camera I want as incentive.) I really didn't fully grasp his vision till the night before and I didn't have a clue how to deal with it on any level. The biggest problem is that I have only used natural light in photography and I still don't have a strong understanding of it. This situation required studio lighting. I didn't have the slightest clue how to deal with it. Bonnie has her own lighting. I called her Friday night. The event was Saturday afternoon and she was so sweet and came and saved my skin. She was amazing and patient and the event went longer than she planned and I am sure that was difficult. She never complained and was so kind.

Bonnie photographed over a hundred kids and a lot of them didn't want to wait in our ginormous line and so they just didn't bother.

My sweet mother-in-law watched all the her children and I am so grateful for her willingness to help up out last minute. It ended out being a long night for Bonnie, her husband and I am sure all their children.
 Loved his expression and it totally summed up the whole experience for me... and I am sure Bonnie.
 Nate had these pumpkins carved for the event. Bonnie I am sure got better pictures but they were amazing.
I wish I had pictures of all the cute little kids we photographed. Oh, my goodness this one little girl dressed like cotton candy. I have to have another baby girl just so I can make that costume. Adorable. However, because I didn't get any of the parents permission to post photos on-line.... I can't. I didn't take any pictures of my kiddo's, which would have been fun.



No comments: