Sunday, April 20, 2014

BBQ at the COUSINS

 These two are precious.
The fact that they are friends is a testimony to what an amazing mother and father Caleb has.
The two of them didn't get along from almost the minute Sierra was born.
Now, they are two peas in pod. She wants to be everywhere he is.
I giggle at this picture.
Sierra is going through a faze where she doesn't want me to touch her hair. She says she wants it to be wild and free like she is. I force her to do her hair on Sunday and for school but when she doesn't have those two obligations I let her do whatever she wants with her hair.
She was being wild and free this day.
On the other hand Caleb is going through a faze where he really cares about his hair.
His mom says he makes sure it is always done.
I thought he looked so handsome, don't you?
 
It was so fun to roast hotdogs with Heather and Brandon.
Then we sat in there just finished basement and enjoyed how lovely and cool it was.
They joked that it cost three times as much and took three times as long as they anticipated.
I am pretty sure the Amish Paradise is going to be the same way.
I am scared and happy.
 
I can't even begin to explain in words what a gift this little project of ours has been to our marriage.
Nate and I were shoveling insulation out of the attic yesterday.
We were dressed in long sleeves and pants with respirators on.
(Yes, I know how dangerous our little job was.)
We were taking precautions and working hard together.
Sweat was pouring down our foreheads.
We were hauling bag after bag out.
We took a brake and drank gator aid together in our living room.
He said, "I bet I can hire a few folks to come in and get this done in a day."
I said, "I was trying to save us some money.
He said between swallows, "Well, thanks for that. I think you have saved us all of about.... fifty dollars."
We both laughed and laughed at our ridiculous plight and how slow our aching bodies were moving.
I love him.
We are becoming friends.
This silly Amish Paridise is cementing us.
I love it.
It is painful but so much fun.


No comments: