Wednesday, April 30, 2014

ORANGE SHIRT DAY

 The last few mornings I have been conversing with my girls at the breakfast table.
I decided to start making it a little more exciting.
 
Two days ago I grabbed up a box of cereal and said, "I bet you are wondering why I gathered you here together this morning. Well, last night I and Dad decided that our official family color is red!"
Sierra threw her head back and screamed, "Why, that is the worst color!"
I said, "I am sorry dear, red is a power color, you will understand when you are older."
Then I moved on to other equally stupid topics.
 
Yesterday as I grabbed the same box of cereal I said, "I bet you are wondering why I gathered you here together this morning. Well, today is orange shirt day. As such, all of us will be wearing orange shirts. For convenience I have laid your shirts out on the couch." Sierra refused to wear hers, but then went and put it on."
 
I wonder what other amazingly nonsensical things I will contrive, and get these kids to go along with.


No comments: