Sunday, April 20, 2014

TODAY WAS BUSY

 I have felt likes such a neglectful mother lately.
I have been so busy.
Everything has fallen through the cracks.
I made a 10:00pm Easter Run last night.
This morning we dyed eggs.
I let the girls dye while I made rolls, pies and cut a salad.
YOU should see my kitchen right now.
We were going to dinner at the Bob and JoAnn's home.
I hurried and got them ready.
James was super fussy all morning.
I put him down for a nap and realized it was 10:40, church starts at 11:00.
I grabbed some clothes and threw them on.
I asked Sierra to wipe up this mess.
Then she stained her new cream sweater with dye.
I couldn't get it off.
While I was trying to get the dye out of her sweater, I burned the banana cream pie filling.
I was frazzled.
She had to change into a t-shirt.
We will get Easter outfit pictures next week.
We were late for church.
I was snappy.
I am sad.
I know that outfits, eggs, candy and yummy dinners are all really fun but not at all the purpose in celebrating this amazing holiday.
In all my hustling I lost the meaning and purpose of it all.
I am grateful that because of Him I can do better tomorrow.
 
I am grateful, in my hardest moments, to know that there was someone who really knows me.
REALLY KNOWS ME.
ME.
He knows my desires and my heart.
He knows my motives.
He knows ME.
He loves ME.
I don't have words for the sacrifices he paid for me individually, but I am grateful he was willing.
I am grateful for new days.
FRESH STARTS.
HOPE and COURAGE to begin again.
 
I am grateful for a husband that let me take a nap while he went and had and Easter egg hunt with these two.
I NEEDED THAT NAP.
He was so sweet to let me have it.

No comments: