Monday, April 28, 2014

NEVER WERE THERE SUCH AWESOME GIRLS

 Madison asked if Treyden could come over and play.
She said "I think Treyden is so handsome, but that doesn't mean I am going to married him."
I think Treyden is pretty handsome myself.
 I love Sierra's note to the tooth fairy.
 I love even more the fact that Sierra is a fairy to her sister and leaves her wonderful notes, sometimes with treats in them, for her sister to find.
Her sister writes notes back to her fairy.
Then she writes wonderful replies.
I love it.
I use to leave Sierra notes from the fairies when she was about this age but have been less diligent with Madison. I am glad her sister has picked up where I have left off.
On another random note but it warms my heart, so I must share. Sierra has been reading to me every night for the past week. (I think about six months ago she simply refused to ever read again, so I have just let her be. I haven't asked her to read since but I have continued to read to her every night.) Well, a month ago I found The Boxcar Children at the thrift store. I bought it for her. I told her it was my favorite book at her age and suggested she might want to read it. She asked if she could read to me about a week ago and has brought it out to read to me every night. Then, the best part. We were driving to the Amish Paradise the other night and she told her sister the whole story every little detail. She kept telling her it is the best book. I smiled through happy tears. I may have a reader on my hands yet.

No comments: