Saturday, June 7, 2014

MOM and DAD

My parents came into town for a weekend to help us redo our bathroom at the Amish Paradise. 
We had a lot of fun having them here. 
We finished gutting the bathroom. 
We shopped and picked out tile and a vanity. I have never spent so much money so quickly. 
We went to Costa Vida and ate enormous salads.  
My mom helped me take care of James who was sick and fussy.
Dad made us chocolate cake Sunday night.
Then Mom and Dad stayed up late playing Dominoes, Mexican Train, with Sierra and I.
Dad leveled the bathroom floor, now the only level floor in the home.
He hooked up the Jacuzzi tub, which resulted in him having to go down in our crawl space with the spiders and mice and lay on his back and hook the pipes together. Poor brave soul.
Tuesday morning came and Mom had to get back to Orem.
My sister Emily was flying in from Texas and she had to get back to work.
I volunteered to drive her back so Dad could stay and finish up a few things.
We got in the car and had a road trip, just mom and me.
It was nice to have her undivided attention for four hours. 
We chatted and enjoyed the long drive home.
Dad didn't come back till Sunday.
Although not finished, my bathroom looks amazing. AMAZING.
You wouldn't even recognize it from the before video.
 

No comments: