Tuesday, June 24, 2014

TRUE LOVE

(My amazingly talented sister Kimberly made this print of my grandpa. Yes, I wanted a copy too but there were only a few and they were all spoken for. I am only a little bitter.)
I usually don't share personal or sacred experiences on this blog but I felt this one should be shared.
I love my Grandparents. They both passed away two years ago.
 
Last night I had a dream about my Grandma and Grandpa Craven. I was sitting on a couch up in the attic of my unfinished house. My family had come into town to help me finish a few projects on the house. They were all there. Grandpa was sitting on a couch next to me. I had my arm around him. I kept touching his head and his shoulders. I kept thinking to myself, he is real. He is really sitting here. I am with my grandpa. He is here with me. My grandma walked past talking to one of my sisters. I kept touching him and I could feel him with my hands. It didn’t feel like a dream. Grandpa reached down into a box and said, “Lisa, I came to teach you what real love is.” He pulled out a card grandma had sent him on one of their anniversaries. He began to read it to me and explain the meaning of every word. Most of the words of the card were printed but Grandma had added a few of her own words in between the lines. There was a funny line on the back of the card, which said something about our most important conversations were through the bathroom door. I wanted to read it again but grandpa steered my mind to the front of the card. I remember reading the word inspiration. I don’t remember any more details. I was woken from my dream because I was so thirsty. I consciously made the decision to wake up. My throat was so dry. I thought I could return to my dream but I couldn’t. I regret waking up.
All day I have had the most beautiful feeling my soul. I have had a desire to be better and love my family more deeply. My grandparents had such a beautiful relationship. I admire them and I am so grateful for their example of devotion to one another and to their family. I know they are still with us. I know death is not the end but another beginning.


No comments: