Friday, September 30, 2016

1ST BAND CONCERT

 She performed in her first band concert tonight. I told her if she would give me one smile, I would buy her ice cream. She did. She was still annoyed. She wanted me to put the camera away. Why did she ever have to turn eleven. I feel like she is always missing from my blog. 

She asked me to get a babysitter. She has been to too many events with me where I have brought the little's and I am so busy with the boys that I always end up leaving early and never really enjoy it. She didn't want her dad to come either, she new a bunch of sixth graders who were grossly out of sync and out of tune would just rattle him. She just wanted me. 

I thought it would sound really, really bad. I haven't heard her practice at all. The band director doesn't require them to do any out of school practicing in sixth grade. I couldn't imagine that they could even blow into their instruments, let alone play a piece. They were surprisingly not horrible.

She finished up and came to find me and took me by the hand and she held my hand as we walked back to the car together. I thought she may be eleven and feel too grown up for most things but apparently she still likes her mom and needs her every once and a while.











No comments: