Friday, December 2, 2016

BREAKFAST WITH BOYS

 Sierra wakes up at 6:00. She has to be out the door by 6:28 to make it to her bus on time. She throws on her clothes, brushes her teeth, and on occasion, if I can convince her brushes her hair; all while I make her lunch. Then I wait with her until the bus comes. I don't want her out waiting at the bus top alone. I watch out the window until the bus pulls away. My favorite moments are the seconds between her being ready and the bus coming. We will pray together. I will tell her what I am learning in the scriptures. Those few minutes when she is really listening and it is just her and I are the most precious I have with her in the day. I try to to use them well. I must admit, sometimes I am so tired from Ashton keeping me up all night, I fall asleep on the couch waiting for the bus to come. 

I tried climbing in bed and going back to sleep. I promise I have had no more than four hours asleep a night for the last three nights in a row. All I want for Christmas is sleep. I got a phone call from our Sister Missionary. She is really sick. I am her mother too. I had to get up. I am not going to lie. I was a little sad to walk away from that warm bed.

I got Madison ready and off to school. She demands little. She just needs her lunch made the minute her eyes pop open. No matter how scanty the home lunch is, according to her, it is better than school lunch. She doesn't want to be stuck eating school lunch. I made her lunch and waited for her friends to gather outside the door and then told her I loved her and she was off.

I got in the shower and did my hair, while my boy watched not-age-appropriate cartoons and both boys ate Cherrios. My house is a mess and my boys are dressed but this is my home everyday and I love my home. We live here. It is not a museum. Lives are grown within these walls. It is sacred work and sometimes really mess work. It doesn't come with a manual or a maid but it comes one beautiful day at a time. 












No comments: