Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ELEVATORS ARE MONSTERS


It was a beautiful day today.

Madison was her happy joy filled self. She has discovered her voice lately and screeches at the top of her lungs for hours. Her sister is thrilled that she is communicating. As if she thinks Madison is talking in a different language, she is always asking me to translate. Today I walked into where they were playing together and picked up Madison to take her into give her a bath. Sierra confessed, "I am a naughty girl." I said, "Don't say that, you are a good girl Sierra." "No," she insisted, "I am a naughty girl. I lifted up my bum and I pooped (released gas) in Madison's face." I don't know where she came up with the idea and why she confessed. Children?

For those of you who thought Sierra wasn't afraid of anything. Here is a picture of us in the elevator today. (Sad!)She has been scared to death of elevators since she got stuck in the church elevator for ten minutes alone. She was up in the institute nursery and decided to find her way to me alone. I thought she was up with the ladies in charge that day. The ladies in charge thought she down cooking in the kitchen with me. I heard this scream. She finally figured out how to work the elevator. It stinks for her that we live in a high rise. I guess there is nothing like getting back up on that horse.

After conquering the elevator Sierra and I played a game of tag out on the tennis courts. She rode her bike and I ran. She was laughing her head off. She comes to life in the great outdoors. I have committed to taking her outdoors at least once a day.

1 comment:

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

I love reading your blog Lisa. It makes me laugh and reminds me to laugh about things that I feel like crying about most of the time. It also helps me to realize that other mothers experience what I experience - if something extraordinary doesn't happen each day, it's a very unusual day!