Monday, February 16, 2009

HAIR!



My sweet husband knows how much I love my hair. I have given up being obsessive about it since becoming a mom. I use to go to the hair dresser regularly and every few mornings I would spend at least forty-five minutes on my hair. I don't know if it was due to my vanity or the awful frizz in it that takes forever to straighten. Either way, Nate has taken note that I love my hair.

Since coming to dental school I haven't spent the money to go to the hair dresser. Most days are pony tail days and I have become the mother I swore I would never become. Well, I have spent a lot of moments in the last few days complaining about my hair.

On Valentine's Day Nate suggested we go to the Mall and he could watch the girls while I had my hair done. I was a little nervous going to someone I had never been to before but Bou at Reggis did a fabulous job cutting it. I watched him cut it and knew he did a good job. However, he was very opinionated about the cut. I asked him to take a little more off the front and I think he was insulted. He pointed to the picture I had shown him and said, "Look at the picture I am cutting it just like the picture." When he got done styling it he took some gel and pressed my hair flat against my scalp. I said, "I would like a little more body." He again pointed to the picture, "Look at how the hair is. It is sleek against her scalp." I don't think we were looking at the same picture.

Needless to say, I got home and restyled it. I love my new hair cut. Thank you love for being so thoughtful.

4 comments:

Shandra said...

How cool, Lisa!!! You look fabulous!! :-) For real!!

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

I love it! What a cute cut!

Michelle said...

Yea, you took the plunge! Doesn't it feel great to have a fresh look? I've been feeling like I need to get some layers or color in my hair. It's so blah lately. :)

DJ said...

Lisa! You look beautiful. And what a nice gift from Nate. Good man!