Sunday, June 14, 2009

BIG SISTER


I can't tell you how proud I have been of Sierra lately. She has been so amazing. She has been unbelievably kind. She says thank you a dozen or so times a day. She will randomly throw her arms around me and say how much she loves me. Lately, when I cook or clean she will exclaim, "Ah, mom you are so nice. Thank you." She has gone through rough periods before, but I am relishing in her kindness lately.

She asked to take her bike to the park. I told her if she took it she would have to share. I suggested she teach Noah how to ride the bike. She helped her put on her new helmet, which Anne gave her, and taught her how to ride. She was so cute as she explained the art of peddling.

Yesterday, baby Asher came to play. MJ and he were sitting on the floor playing with toys. Asher had a plastic hammer in one hand. MJ slid onto her back and Asher started to hammer her head, no intent to hurt her just his cute little muscles at work. Anyway, Sierra ran to the aid of her sister. She helped her sit up and gave Asher a quick tongue lashing. I told her, "Sierra, Asher doesn't now any better." Poor little Asher. He is so cute. However, I was grateful to see her being the protective big sister. I was blessed with two very protective big sisters who have jumped in and rescued me more times than I can count. Yesterday, I felt really blessed that my girls have each other.

1 comment:

Paul and Em said...

A Hammmer to the head! I love that picture of Sierra. I'm sure she learned to be polite through her Mom who is her best example. PS I'm glad you decided to post again. I was getting a little bored!