Sunday, June 14, 2009

GOOD FRIENDS


Welcome to the strip district. You can find almost anything you want on the strip. You can find good Mexican food, Seafood, Cheeses, Pastas. The strip district has been operating forever (nice quantifiable number). Anyway, I was really excited about going to the strip on Saturday because we were meeting up with some friends. Rich and Heather Eberle from California. One of the kindest dearest families we have ever been blessed to know.

Sierra loved looking at all the fish in the fish market. Here are two pictures. One of her near a lobster and the other looking at some crabs.

Here is Heather and I. Heather, heather, heather, I could never say enough good about her. She has been so kind to me since I married Nate. She took care of Nate when Zac and he lived over top of her and her husband when he was out at Yuba College. He has told me several stories of her keeping him feed when he was single. She helped us get our first couch. Retrieved from the dumpster at Wymount. I have a funny story about that couch.

When Nate and I were first married we couldn't have anyone over. We didn't have any chairs. We really didn't have any furniture. Heather found this couch someone had thrown in the dumpster and retrieved it for us. It was one of those couches from the late seventies with the rust colored, saw mill, flowered, covered fabric. The cushions just sat on springs connected to a wood bench. I scrubbed the cushions. I was asked to be apart of our ward's relief society presidency. As such, the stake relief society president met me at my apartment. She sat down on the couch and her feet went up and her knees touched her head. She squealed. I still crack up about it. The springs were really stretched out. It gets funnier. We sat the couch by the dumpster when we left. Within hours another unsuspecting couple decided to give it a new home.

1 comment:

Paul and Em said...

Emily and I had a couch like that. It ate her visiting teachers, the bishop, our home teachers, etc. We took it to savers because no one would buy it. The minute after we dropped it off we got four hits on it. Oh well. Good times.