Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SIERRA, MY BESTEST LITTLE FRIEND


Sierra loves to play barbies lately. She could spend all day playing with them. She makes up little story lines all the time. I think it is silly when she talks for her barbies. She uses the word pretty a lot. Example: "I pretty, don't want to that." "Well, I pretty, think that we shouldn't fly." "Well, pretty, I think we should run away." I have tried to play with her. I can't get a good plot of imagination going. She just wants really simple story lines. I will tell her my purple spoon was stolen and hide in the dark under-the-bed castle. She will respond, speaking for her barbie of course, "Well, I pretty don't want to. I pretty think you should just play with me." Maybe next year.

Sierra loves to read. In the morning her bed always look like this. I wonder how she gets comfortable or where she lays in the maze of books. She loves to read to herself. Every night she insists on reading one or more books to me. (Of course she can't read, but she makes up stories with the pictures or rehearses the story from the countless times I have told it to her.) Then I will let her read until she falls asleep.

Sierra is my little artist. She loves to draw and paint. She loves to make up stories about her pictures. She is always asking me to send her pictures to her family in California and in Utah. We finally did a little letter this week. You can look for them in the mail.

My sister Jennifer and I use to come home from work and change into our comfy clothes. We called them Mr. Roger outfits. Sierra's Mr. Roger outfit is her PJ's. She would wear them all the time if I would let her. She will change when we go out but the minute we get back home she runs back to her room and changes back into her PJ's.

1 comment:

Paul and Em said...

Maybe the name of ever barbie she owns is pretty. That's hilarous! I guess she enjoys playing pretty barbies by herself.