Thursday, August 27, 2009

CAN'T... NO SUCH THING.

My mother use to always say, "Can't is a little girl too lazy to try." Whenever we said, "Mom, I can't _______________." (Fill in the blank.)

My mother-in-law has said, "You can do hard things."

I love these words of encouragement that were pass to me from wise women. My daughter today said, "I can't make my bed." I said, "Oh, can't is a what?" She smiled, remembered, and said, "a little girl too lazy to try."

I want to pass this pieces of wisdom onto my daugters. I want them to know, if they work hard they can accomplish all things with their Father-in-Heaven's help.

Is there a phrase your mom always use to say that still sticks with you?

4 comments:

Joy said...

My mom used to quote President Kimball when he said, "Do it, and do it now!"

shellydinger said...

I don't think mine are very encouraging. They are pretty random, but my mom would say "There's always a break in traffic." and my dad was famous for saying "Cars are not toys". I think I say both of those at least twice a week. I need to start copying your mothers!

needtoknow said...

My mother said the same thing yours did except it was "cant is a slugger to lazy to try". I think I like your version better

Paul and Em said...

So many memories! I love my Mom.