Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I AM IN LOVE

I love Fruita.
I love that there are only two stoplights in this whole town.
I love that the only traffic that occurs is the two cars stopped in front of the school waiting for the students to cross.
I love that it doesn't smell like smoke.
I love the little library that lets me checkout up to 40 items including 10 DVD's that aren't due back for two weeks and can all be renewed online, as often as I want to as long as there isn't a hold on the item. (Also, there is a Colorado inter library loan program where I can literally access any book I want. And all this for free.)
I love that I can Rollerblade anywhere I need to go.
I love that three people on the same day, including one which paced me in her car, stopped to tell me about Grand Junction's roller derby league and encouraged me to join.
I love that I have only smelt one cigarette since moving here.
I love that I feel safe in my home and community.
I love our little grocery store.
I love that all the young moms in my ward challenge my homemaking skills. They are amazing.
I love that I know all my neighbor's names and they all came by to say hi.
I love my washer and dryer. (They have been life changing.)
I love my house.
I love my yard.
I love Sierra's school and her teacher who is one of the most soft spoken gentle women I have ever met.
I love my new life. I miss my old friends, but I love my new life. I could not be more blessed.
MY FAVORITE THING about Fruita is our city mascot and they even have a festival to celebrate him every year. I thought it was a joke but I promise you it is not. We take Mike the Headless Chicken very seriously around here, make no mistake about that one. Click here to see how truly serious the matter is.
ENJOY.
Hilarious.

No comments: