Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A REALLY FUN SHIRT

Thrift stores tend to be stocked full of mini skirts, which I don't understand because they are so flattering.(Sense the sarcasm?)Anyway a few months ago when I was still in Pittsburgh I came across a rack of really great mini skirts for .99. I figured I could cut them down to fit Sierra. A friend who is a fashion genius suggested I turn one of them into a top for Sierra. (Thank you Mee Hyun.) This project finally came out of the closet today. I was so proud of how it turned out. It only took about a half hour. I just cut the skirt down and then used the remnant to add sleeves. (MJ was a bit jealous. She said, "Me shirt too mum," and then hauled around a scrap of fabric and kept sticking it to her shirt. Then when I was taking a picture of Sierra she said "Eee too. Mum Cheese. Cheese. Cheese." I like how she posed exactly like her sister. She is obsessed with getting her picture taken. (Hmmm. I wonder who inspired this trait. Yep, you know who you are.))

No comments: