Wednesday, December 7, 2011

PATCHING HOLES IN KIDS JEANS

I have repaired my kids jeans in multiple ways. This way I think is the cutest and the most durable.

1. Seam rip the sides of the jean. Notice the way the jeans are put together because you will want to put them back together the way you took them apart.
2. Cut out the bad section.
3. Find an old pair of jeans that are beyond repair. I also keep denim remnants from when I cut jean pants off into shorts for the summer.
4. Use the piece you cut out as a pattern. Add an inch to the top of your pattern for seam allowance. When you sew the piece back in use a 4/8" inch seam allowance.
5. Sew piece back in. Sew most complicated seam first. This is typically your inside seam.
6. Walla, good for another year, or another child.

No comments: