Tuesday, December 27, 2011

WEEK after CHRISTMAS

On Christmas Day we went to Church. The girls didn't want to leave their toys, but we finally got out the door. I didn't get the memo about the time for church being changed. I was suppose to sing. When we showed up the meeting was half over and the program didn't say when my number was, so I thought I had missed it. Luckily, I hadn't because I was doing a duet and I am sure the Lily would have been a little caught off guard.

Directly after church, Nate and I loaded up the car and headed for Utah. Nate dropped me off and headed for California. He wanted to spend the week fixing our car with his friend who is a mechanic, it wasn't my idea of a vacation.

However, my vacation plans were all but destroyed by a bug from (a word I can't say.) It ravaged our home knocking off about three of us at every day. First, Jennifer, Derrick, and Emily. Then, Michael, Tamara, Kimberly, and Sierra. Then, Mom, Phillip, and Kate. You were holding your breathe waiting for your turn. I of course was last. Yeah. There was always someone in the bathroom with one end or the other in the toilet. I am only just starting to feel better and it has been a few days. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

There were a few highlights of the trip though.

1. Cleaning my grandparents home. They are both ill and I was there with my two older sisters and my mother. There was such a sweet feeling in their home. I watched my grandparents as they both held hands and feel asleep on the couch as they watched us dust around them. My heart was so filled with love for them and the beautiful life they have both lived.

2. Loving each of my nieces and nephews, even Kate gave me a few kisses. I have always been "scawey" to her. I am glad to have jumped that hurdle. I loved seeing my girls play with their sweet cousins. I don't think I saw Sierra the whole trip. Her and Emma were thick as thieves. Madison said to me "I am so excited to do beads with Tessie Sue." This is the first visit they have played with each other.

3.Going to the Temple with Emily. The lady at the front desk referred to me as her mother a few times. I corrected her and said she was my sister. She is only six years younger then me. Cracks me up. Do I look that old?

4. Going to lunch with Inez. She is applying to go to Oxford. She is an amazing artist. I would give anything to have her work hanging in my home. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I need to commission her to do a piece before she leaves because I will never be able to afford her work when she gets back. We had some great conversations.

5. Going to dinner with my Aunt Ruthie and my Grandma and Grandpa and my Uncle John and his wife. Ruthie and I weren't really apart of the conversation. We laughed about it. It was them and us. However, I did get their attention when I talked about having or not having more children. A topic they are both interested in. I did tell them I am in the processes of negotiating with the man of the house. I think he is going to let me have ten more, so we can have an even dozen. The power of persuation my friends. ;)Laughing!

6. Playing Sequence with Skywalker and Kimberly and Tamara. He is Tamara's boy and it was fun. Although, I felt sorry for the poor boy. Him against three Craven women, if he can survive that he can stay.

7. Making Gumbo for the whole Craven family. It was mostly for my brother-in-law Neil he served his mission in the south. I think a few of them actually liked it and that is huge. The Craven's have their staples and they don't venture out much.

8.New Years Eve at Jennifer and Derricks house. There was pizza and a huge salad. Karalee and Benji made fresh salsa. We played some more Sequence. Nate showed up halfway through the evening and we packed up and headed home. I read Pride and Prejudice all the way home. I love that book.


No comments: