Saturday, January 14, 2012

AND THERE GONE

I woke up yesterday and took Sierra to school. I went with her. I volunteered in her classroom. There is a strange smell in a first grade classroom. I did some organizing for the teacher and left. The car didn't start. I tried again and again but no. It was cold and I didn't have a coat. I called Nate and asked him to come get me but I had the car seats and he had Madison. I called a friend, she was at the school with some other women from the ward. She said she would take me home after we went out for breakfast. We picked up Madison. We ate yummy food and I told them of the latest children's book I am writing. Then I went home. The house was locked tight and I didn't have a key. Nate was out fishing. I sat all my stuff down including my nook and searched for a key. Nothing. My friends saw I was stuck and swung back around. They invited me to hang out with them. I got to their house and realized I didn't have my nook. They went back and got it for me. I went to Home Depot with my friends, how else was I going to spend the day? Nate finally returned my phone call and said to use the garage door-opener in the broken down car. Duh, why didn't I think of that. Where has my mind gone. I went back to the school. It was time to pick of Sierra. I got the garage door opener. It was freezing. We walked back to the same friends house. (Who has been way over used since she met me.... poor thing... should have never said hello.) I got a ride home with the girls. We did the night time routine; dinner, books, prayers, scriptures, brush teeth, and to bed. I started cleaning the house that I never got around to because of my crazy day. I started up the laundry and then I get a phone call from my brother that is coming to see us, "Lisa, we are broken down. Can you come get us? We are in Green River." Yes, the car my brother borrowed to come see us broke down. (What is up with us and cars?) I said, "Sure." Nate had gone to bed. I know that sounds bad but he had a hard day too. I didn't expect them to breakdown. I didn't want to wake him up, so I unloaded the fishing stuff out of the truck and went to the gas station and filled the truck with gas. I then get a call from my Dad, "A good person stopped and helped them. They should be okay now." I got a redbox movie and went home to enjoy the rest of my night. I start my movie and begin folding laundry and the phone rings. "The car broke down again, go get them." It is freezing and they have a baby. I get in the car and I don't care if I speed I just want to rescue them but the dang car won't go over 60mph. Stink. I get there. We come home at 2:00am. Nate worked on my brother's teeth all morning, which is why they came. He is an angel. Phillip, my brother, gets out of the dental chair and they have to head back. Because today is the best day for Dad and my other brother to come pick up the broken down car, and we can't take them back another day because we don't have a car that will fit six people. Anyway, it has been a really crazy twenty-four hours for all of us. Nate is driving them back to Green River to get a ride back to Utah with the towing brigade. Good-bye. Glad you came. Sad you couldn't stay.

No comments: