Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FRUITA LOVE





Yes, they are playing pick-up sticks with spagetti noodles. Can you guess what we had for dinner last night?


SAD


Sierra went to computers today. I guess they were talking about social networks. Sierra volunteered that she was on facebook. Her computer teacher said, "No child should ever be on facebook." She worried that she had done something wrong. She worried she had disappointed her teacher. She looked sad when I picked her up. She cried all the way home. I tried to explain to her that she wasn't on facebook. She said through her sobs, "But I am on facebook." It was hard to explain to her that having your picture on facebook is not the same as having a facebook account. Poor thing.


SILLY


Last night we were sitting around the kitchen table and Sierra said, "Mom you don't have to read me a story or anything tonight. I am going straight to bed." I said, "Wow, what brought this on." "Well, because tomorrow is Wyatt Wednesday and I can't wait! I am going straight to bed so tomorrow will come faster."


(Background: Sierra asked the other day, "Can I have a Fruita love?" I said, "What do you mean?" She said, "Well, Andrew will always be my Pittsburgh love, but can I have a Fruita love?" I said, "I guess so." She said, "Well, then Wyatt is my Fruita love." I said, "Okay."


On Sunday Wyatt's mom asked if I could watch him on Wednesday.)


Back to the kitchen table last night... "Do you know why I am so excited Mom?" "No." "Well, I am so excited because I used to chase Wyatt on the playground, so he runs every time I get near him. Tomorrow he can't run so I am going to tell him, Wyatt I don't want to chase you anymore I just want to be with you."


I don't know what I am going to do with that little girl and her crushes.

No comments: