Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sierra, FIRST GRADER

Love this girl and all her first grade stories.
I feel trapped inside a Junie B. Jones book often.
She makes me giggle.


 
Today was her un-birthday at school she brought cupcakes for everyone.
In the morning, while I was putting the final touches on the cupcakes she said, "Mom, last night I had the bestest dream of my life!"
(I love this girl's dreams.)
She said, "I was in the chicken house and I was being attacked by this killer scorpion.
I was so scared. Then Treasure (Another one of her chickens.).
He runs in and does a belly flop on the scorpion.
Then the scorpion burst into a million pieces. I love that dream. It was the bestest dream of my life."
I thought it was pretty good myself.
 
 
There is a group of kids at school who like to play Kitties on the playground.
Paige (Let's call her, which isn't her real name because... you know.) and the boy (I can't remember his name.) are in charge.
After playing Kitties for half the year and hating it, Sierra made up her own play and created Fairy World.
Her and her friends built fairy house under a pine tree with pine needles.
Then more kids wanted to play Fairy World.
Her little group started to grow and then the "worstest day" of her life came.
 Paige and the boy took over fairy world and the pine tree.
They said it was now their kitty world. The pine tree is where all the kitties are going to live.
They messed up Fairy World.
(I know sad. I just smile for two reasons and it is because Sierra gets to learn and grow and traverse all these hard situations that will help her become the beautiful young lady that I know she will be. Two, this is a little spitful be warned... and Sierra doesn't know this and she shouldn't... but I have read with poor little Paige. She has gorgeous hair down to her bum that is always curled perfectly. She has perfect outfits and perfect shoes. Her mother takes her to the salon and has her nails professionally done. Seriously. Professionally done. French tipped. SADLY, it seems her parents put there attention in the wrong place because the poor girl can't.... READ!
(So, don't worry little one... Fairy World maybe wrecked but that is okay you will build a million more worlds.)
 
 
At the dinner table she said, "Amanda (her best friend) came to career day dressed like a mom. I wanted to be a mom too but I forgot about career day. Well, she brought her doll. We sat her doll by the tree and played on the playground. We looked over and she moved, for real."
Then she left the dinner table and did a great impression of a marionette against the dining room wall. 
"Just like that!"
(Dinning room is a loose term. We don't really have one of those, it is just the place where we eat.)
(Anyway this impression was creppy to say the least. If I was Amanda, I would burn that doll.)
Sierra said, "It creeped me out really bad. We decided not to tell an one but then two of our other friends came over to us and we told them about it, but we made them promise not to tell anyone.
(I am sure the didn't tell anyone.) 
Then they ran off."
(Sadly, I think there maybe a parent or two dealing with kids having nightmares about creepy dolls.)
 
 
Isn't a first grader's life so amazing? I love my little Sierra M. first grader and all her wonderful stories. You are the best thing to ever happen to me kid, including your Daddy and Sister. I love your little guts. I love all your little 1st grader experiences, which are sadly almost over. Two and a half more weeks and you are done. Sniff. Sniff.


No comments: