Tuesday, February 19, 2013

EYE CONTACT


5 minutes of uninterrupted eye-contact with this little boy.
Pure bliss.
 
I am still not to the point where my house is clean and there is a nice meal on the table every night.
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't really there before I had James.
However, whatever chaotic state my life was in felt manageable.
If I wasn't on top of things, I could be really quickly.
Now, I have to plan to get things accomplished.
I have tried not to let it bother me that things aren't as organized as they once were.
I have tried to start counting what I did accomplish at the end of the day and not what I didn't.
 
So, I looked into my boy's eyes every chance I could and just drank in his sweet spirit.
And that means more to me than a 2 clean bathrooms and mopped floors.

No comments: