Friday, February 8, 2013

MILK BUBBLES

 This first picture makes me so happy. So happy.
Milk running down his cheeks.
Milk bubbles on his lips.
 
I put Sierra's hair in a pony tail today.
Not one of those low ones where the hairs bearly fit.
A real ponytail.
It made my day.
 
We blarred the radio all the way to school.
It was a collection of Disney songs.
We danced and sang in the car.
 
I found myself again.
 
The title of this blog is laugh mommy.
I think Sierra was maybe two and a half when she would say often,
"Laugh, mommy."
She realized something that even I hadn't.
I didn't laugh anymore.
I was too serious about everything.
Sadly, I didn't feel like laughing.
 
Today, as I pulled out of the school parking lot.
I thought I found my laugh again.
A feeling of real joy overcame me.
 
I am not sure what to attribute it to.
But, I think a lot of it has to do with this little boy.
It isn't that I didn't enjoy my other two babies. I did.
I loved them every bit the same and still do.
I just think I am in a different place in my life.
 
I shocked myself when I said to my sister,
"If I found out I was pregnant again tomorrow, I would be so happy."
I know I just had a baby three weeks ago today.
And no I am not even going there yet.
And I am certain it is the furthest thing from Nate's mind.
But, I just love being a mother.
I love my three little ones.
 

No comments: