Sunday, March 3, 2013

BABY JAMES'S BLESSING

We were so blessed to have our cousin's and grandparent's come for James's baby blessing.
The cousin's had so much fun playing together.
I love Heather and her husband.
It was so special to have their support.
They are so dear.
 
I made James's outfit.
It was hard to find something to bless him in.
I couldn't even find a pattern.
I just wanted a white shirt, tie and pants.
 
I made a pattern for the shirt.
And made the shirt.
Found a tutorial on-line for the tie.
Found white pants at Wal-mart and cut them off and hemmed them up.
I think he looked handsome.
I was amazed I could sew a boy's outfit, something I thought was out of reach for me.
He was so handsome. Did I already say that?
 
Nate took his sister on a tour of our little home town the evening they arrived.
While I visited with my second-mom and cooked dinner.
We ate some yummy taco soup.
Then tucked everyone in and went to bed.
 
We woke early and readied everyone for James's special day.
He has started to coo. It is so stinkin' adorable.
Love that boy.
 
Nate gave him a beautiful blessing.
The three things that touched my soul were.
The blessings of an inherit understanding of his self-worth.
The blessing of learning hard work when many around him would choose an easier path.
The blessing of having a special bond with his mother.
 
We came home and had a wonderful lunch that mom and Brandon helped me prepare the night before.
Dad read some stories about Jame's McKnight, our James's namesake.
What a special man.
Then we said goodbye.
I am so blessed to have such a beautiful family.
 

 


















 

No comments: