Friday, March 22, 2013

FAVORITE MORNING

 I woke up the next morning to snow.
The weather is so unpredicatable in Utah Valley.
I was glad I made it over the summit on Thursday before the snow.
I was so fortunate to spend most of my life growing up next to my Grandparents.
Currently, my Grandma Craven lives one street up from us and my Grandma and Grandpa Hair live right next door.
I love them all and I am happy when I get to spend time in their homes.
Both of my grandparents have such beautiful peaceful spirits in their home.
 
My mother had the day off and I wanted to see my grandparents.
We went next door.
I left my kids with my sisters, who were so sweet to watch them.

 I love listening to my grandpa play the piano.
He is amazing. Amazing.
I love to watch his hands run over the keys.
I am always happy when he chooses to play when I am around.
He teased me about having three piano's in his home and how he thought it might be excessive.
I teased back about having two in my home, when nobody plays.
(Seriously, we are storing a piano for our homeowners and we were given a piano while I was in labor with James.)

 I helped my mother give my grandma a perm.
Mom teased about how bad I was rolling the curlers and I teased back.
She redid some of mine and I redid some of her's.
All in all I think it was a success.
Grandma looked gorgeous.
Then in true grandma style she made us lunch.
She is ever the caregiver.
You can never escape her excessive kindness.

No comments: