Friday, March 18, 2016

ANOTHER MORNING

Yesterday, Nate didn't leave until later in the morning. He burned some more of our property before he departed. He came in for a minute and we had a discussion about our finances and our future. We have come a long way. We use to argue a lot about money and the way we should utilize it. I am grateful that I don't feel massive anxiety and I don't yell or get angry when we talk about money now. I have prayed and fasted and prayed and I have turned it over to my Father-in-Heaven and allowed Him to teach us both, instead of trying to force my will. (I am not perfect at it, but I am trying.) Nate has made a lot of decisions that have been wiser than mine and I haven't given him enough credit for that. I am grateful that I can now see, what once I couldn't.
 
I got to play with these little boys some more. I can't wait till it is a bit warmer and we can play outside. The wind is so cold here on our Loma farm. It blows so hard and it blows right through you. Aren't they the handsomest things ever. I love them both so much. Their personalities are so opposite it is ridiculous. Yesterday our neighbors dog was barking ferociously at us while I was pulling weeds. Ashton decided to go across the street and pet it. It brought out the mother bear in me and I ran and scooped him up, but two seconds later he was trying to love that man-eating dog again. My friend Jenn took Ashton over to the sandbox to distract him. Thank you Jenn. James would have run arms outstretched to me if he had that beast after him.
 
The girls got home and they were starving. I don't know why my girls are starving every day. I had dinner on the table by five o'clock because they were so hungry and in break-down mode.
 
I got to go and teach a final discussion to a nine year old little girl, with the sisters. She will be baptized on Saturday. I love that they lowered the missionary age. I think it has encouraged so many sisters to serve. They are beautiful and pure and they love the church and they radiate goodness. I feel blessed to get to spend time with them a few times a week. Did I tell you Nate and I are ward missionaries? I am so grateful that I have been set apart to be a missionary. I know this work is so vital especially in a day when there is so much darkness on the earth, I am grateful to be apart of the growing light.



No comments: