Tuesday, March 15, 2016

THEIR BEDROOM

 I love their bedroom. It is my favorite place. I love that they are all together. I love that they love to be all together. They wouldn't have it any other way. I thought it would be hard to put them all to sleep in the same room but I just pace out their bedtimes and it has worked perfectly. It looks a lot smaller in pictures than in real life. Their room is the perfect size for all of them. We love our little house.
 
Yesterday was my birthday. I am 37! I think this is the happiest year I have ever had. I am so happy it scares me. My life isn't perfect but it is beautiful. I love all of it.
 
I had jury duty yesterday. I didn't get the opportunity to sit in the jury box. I was dismissed and didn't even get close to going up before the whole selection processes was over. I was so disappointed in the American judicial system. There were points that were emphasized over and over again in the court room that offended my spirit. They were as follows...
 
1. Can you remove your morals from your decision? You can't use your own moral standings to judge the situation. You can only judge the situation based on the written law.
 
2. Can you remove your life experience from the decision? You can't use your life experience to judge the situation. You can only judge the situation based on the written law.
 
3. If there are twenty pieces of evidence presented and nineteen of those pieces are perfectly accusatory but the twentieth doesn't align; for example, the plaintiff says a car was blue when it was actually green, then is he innocent or guilty? He is innocent, because you haven't proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
 
I was hoping for a chance to speak but I didn't get to. I wanted to stand and say, if you want me to judge this man not using any of my life experience or morals, then why do you call a jury in the first place? Place computers in this box and input the evidence, and have it spit forth an answer. What does the word reasonable doubt actually mean? I think it is reasonable to convict a man, if nineteen out of twenty points can be proven. I think that is perfectly reasonable. I think a reasonable doubt would mean you could only prove nine out of twenty points or even maybe eleven, but the color of a car isn't a valid point.
 
I was so geared up I was let down when I couldn't voice my opinion about the American judicial system and the misinterpretation of constitutional law. No wonder we have so much crime in America!
 
But why does it matter what the jury decides? The judge will ultimately make the decision on the punishment. He can be lenient with a guilty man if he chooses.
 
Afterwards I went and grabbed lunch and took it to my friend Jenn, who babysat my kids, and on the way I stopped off at my friend (L)'s house and talked to her about the Bible and its Chronology and who wrote what and why. She was so sweet and said, "I went to Catholic school growing up and you have taught me more in two minutes than I learned the whole time I was there." The spirit was so warm and full in her home as we continued to talk about Baptism and Eternal Marriage. She wept ans said, "I want to be married to (S) for eternity." I told her she could be. I love her and am so blessed to watch her journey to find truth.
 
Nate put together my garden boxes and filled them with dirt for my birthday. It was so sweet of him. Sierra made me a chocolate pie and even put candles in it and sang to me. She was so sweet.
 
 Chocolate pie on his face!
Ashton is still sleeping in his pack and play because he doesn't like his bed yet. He took his pants off and threw them out of the pack and play. I guess he is more comfortable without them.

No comments: