Saturday, March 12, 2016

BEAUTIFUL LIFE



Our little world has been on fire this week. We have been burning and pulling weed all over our property. I have felt invigorated and tired each day as I have fallen into bed with sore muscles and a lifted soul. There is nothing like touching the earth to make you feel happy and whole. I feel so blessed to have stewardship over this little piece of heaven. I love my home and my land and aside from crooked floors, I don't have any desire to have it one ounce different and yet even the crooked floors are growing on me.
 
Nate and I have been called to be ward (ward is another name for congregation) missionaries for our ward. I went out with the sister missionaries twice this week and Nate once. I was traveling home from a meeting with the sister and someone who wanted to know more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and I thought I am grateful for the path I have walked but I wish I could take all the wisdom I have gained over the years and go back with it to when I was nineteen and then serve. I could make a really good missionary. The spirit said to my soul, "Heavenly Father feels the same and that is why you have been called to be a missionary." I love this work. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that "the word has a more powerful effect" on people than anything else. I know spreading the gospel right now is the most important thing we can be doing. I love that I get to be apart of that.
 
My friend Leslie came over today and we enjoyed a bowl of curry together and naan bread. She left with a hug and the words, "my body and soul have both been feed today, thank you." I felt the same way. With this added stewardship has come a yearning to know more. I have been studying the Old Testament and what a beautiful book it is. How have I neglected its pages for so long?
 


No comments: