Sunday, October 2, 2016

CONFERENCE, OMELETS, LEAD, and KITTENS

We woke up this morning and made omelets for everyone and started conference on the futon. I didn't realize that it reclines. Sweet baby tomatoes, we felt blessed! Reclining, in our pajamas, eating omelets, and attending church. Who decided to do this every six months? It has to come from heaven, because I can't imagine a more heavenly experience. I have to say my children weren't that great at participating today, but we will revisit conference again and again all week as we make applesauce together.    

 James came in the house after exploring the property this morning exclaiming he had found a skeleton key and a rope. I said, "You mean a chain?" He said, "No, a rope." He hauled it around half the day putting them both on my head and telling me it was a crown. Until, his father realized that it was lead on his key, not a skeleton. Yikes. Dad disposed of the key and the rope. He is the protector and he plays his role well. I was oblivious and excited. I was like, oh my boy, he is so resourceful, creative, imaginative, and curious. This farm is so great. We have so many hidden treasures. It took a father to realize it was really a death trap. Don't cringe looking at the pictures now, cause I do. 



The girls got cats again. Remember this cat and these cats. Well, Edison we had to give away because we moved and they didn't allow pets. Herc and Zues just disappeared one day. Nate thinks a Coyote got them. I am not sure. One day we came out to the property to feed them and they were gone. We are hoping Vu (The black cat.) and Yoshi (The grey cat.) stick around and grow old with us, because they make my girls so happy. 


 I wish I could say these super cute pictures were taken during conference, but they weren't they were taken between the sessions while we watched Curious George. Don't worry we will get there. They will learn to love conference like I love conference, but it may not come till they are older. I never paid attention or cared much at their age either but I remember my parents made it a priority to listen to the prophet and I hope they remember that I listen to the prophet too.


No comments: