Monday, October 3, 2016

MARBLE RUNS and BIKE RUNS

 Ashton has been miserable for the last three days. He has a bad cough and just doesn't feel well. The only thing that has brought a smile to his face is doing marble runs together. I think Nate was shocked to not hear him crying and came looking and found he and I on the floor putting together the marble run. I think his daddy was impressed that I had helped calm the baby. This morning while I was cleaning the kitchen he was whining after me. I told Sierra go get the marble run and in a few minutes he forgot his troubles again.





Nate arranged for us to have our first family bike ride. It was a lot of fun. I was surprised how well Madison kept up. She was swerving all over the place. She learned to ride a bike not too long ago and she hasn't had much practice since, but she was determined and held back a lot of fear and tears and just pushed through it. At the end of our little bike ride, Nate smiled his cheesy smile and said, "Are we done?" 
I said, "Yeah, I think so." 
He said, "Wow! Do you think we went a whole mile?"
I sarcastically added, "Yeah and I think I burned off half a cupcake!"
I guess from the world of bicycling's perspective that was a pretty shoddy run. But from my perspective, we took four kids on a bike ride for a mile without any real break downs or bike accidents. 

"Winner, winner, chicken dinner!" 



No comments: