Sunday, October 9, 2016

MY BABY

This kid cracks me up every day. He has so much personality. Heaven help me raise these two little boys. He fake cries constantly when you won't give him his way. He wanted to wash his own face after he ate applesauce.  My favorite is the last picture, WHY? I love this little one.

I made cinnamon rolls for Nate's office this week. I have been promising to for some time but have never found the time. James asked if he could help deliver them, of course I let him come along. When we got there Tish, Nate's office manager, asked James how old he is. Very properly with head held high he said, "I think you should say, James McKnight." She giggled and said, "James McKnight, how old are you?" Then he shied away into my pant leg. He has noticed that grown ups use their last names and he is determined to be grown up.

After dropping off cinnamon rolls, I came home to no water. The water line was severed and there was a crew out trying to fix it. Nate came home and I told him, we can have cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs for super or we can go out to dinner. I just couldn't think of what to cook without water and it was late. We went to a Mexican Restaurant and Nate ordered something new. It looked gross. He ate it anyway. On the way home he said, "My stomach isn't feeling well. The food was gross, why did we go out to dinner?" Then Sierra says, "I am going to puke." I said, "Are you serious?" She said, "I am serious." She hadn't been feeling well for the last twenty-four hours, so I wan't surprised. Nate rolled down his window and stuck his head out of it and tried not to listen to her puking. I was laughing hysterically. He was say, "This isn't funny.Why are you laughing?" It just felt like something out of a comedy sketch. 

This entire fall break my children have been sick starting with the youngest and moving through all of them. Sore throats, runny noses, coughing, puking. Why? I had so many wonderful things planned. I was going to do a few service projects and help Sierra with her Faith in God. Nothing. We did nothing. We didn't even do anything fun. Next year.







No comments: