Thursday, October 13, 2016

POPCORN is not CONFETTI

 Popcorn is not confetti, but apparently little boys don't know that.  When mom fixes a snack of popcorn and hot chocolate, and puts the boys on the bed to watch a show, and goes to fill out an online application to refinance the mortgage. Popcorn becomes confetti. 
"Ashton Maxwell, this is a mess."
I smiled when he brought me a trash can. 
 "How are we going to clean up all this popcorn buddy?"
"Well, that is one way."
 I can't eat all of it, I'll get a belly ache.
"James you need to help clean up this mess!"
 "Marshmellow?"
 "James start picking up the popcorn."
"Marshmellow...."
"James look at all this popcorn everywhere. It was super naughty that you threw popcorn everywhere. You need to help clean it up."
 "I don't want to be naughty."
"Then go get the vacuum."
"I will."
"Ashton Maxwell, you crazy boy." Tickle. Tickle.
Sigh, thank goodness the chocolate milk didn't become confetti too.

No comments: