Monday, October 30, 2017

GHOSTS

Yesterday, I was frustrated. I hate when I have to make dinner and I am not hungry. I don't know why it bothers me so much but when I am not hungry I am happy to make pancakes or something easy but a full meal is bothersome to me. I know I am ridiculous. I was made dinner threw it on the table and called Nate and the kids into eat. I went to change my dress because I spilled onto the dress I wore to church making dinner. Why I don't wear and apron is beyond me. I changed and was headed out the door to do my visiting teaching and to attend stake choir practice. I headed to the door. I paused to look up the message. I shouldn't have paused. Ashton came walking toward me and projectile vomited all over me and the into the boots I was wearing. I wish I could have recorded it. I have seen a lot of vomit over my last 12 years of being a mother. I have never seen it project like a hose. He was four feet away and it was inside my new boots. It was impressive. Funny enough, I wasn't mad. My whole family made a quick break for the front door. I locked them out until dark. I cleaned up the mess and bathed Ashton. I turned on conference and cleaned up the kitchen and finished the laundry. It is funny how something so bad can actually make you relax. It immediately slowed me down and helped me priorities. Visiting teaching and choir practice was really not that big of deal. Loving Ashton Max was the most important think I could do.

I cancelled our friend Halloween party for tonight. I was so excited about it but I didn't want to pass along the bug. Especially, the day before Halloween. After ignoring the boys and letting them hang out it their pajamas and watch television. I decided to call them to the table for lunch and a craft. The boys made fluffy, spooky ghosts. They loved it. 








 

No comments: