Monday, October 30, 2017

MADISON is 9

 Madison turned nine this month. I can't believe how fast the years have gone by. She was my baby for so long. She still is my baby girl. I told her the other day she probably always will always be my baby girl. I am glad. She has such a sweet tender personality. She loves to please me. She loves being good. Her and James are the only children I have that spontaneously hug and kiss me throughout the day. 

She doesn't go to bed at night without listening to the scriptures. Some nights I can't let her have my phone and she hasn't charged the old phone she uses to listen to the scriptures, she gets very frustrated. I think she knows all the scripture stories better than most kids. She is so sweet with her younger brothers. The other day she was suppose to clean the bedroom. I told her take the boys upstairs and have them help. She came down and told me with a big grin that she had invented a game to pick and the boys loved it. She said, "It was like we were playing a game and not working!" She is very creative and helpful. I often wonder what I would do without her. 

She just seems to take life in stride. Her life isn't easy, but she doesn't seem to notice. Girls don't treat her nicely and girls that she thinks are her friends, won't let her play with them on the playground. She is often alone. She never tells me about these experiences in a self-pity way. She always tells me with a big grin. She will say today she got to just play basketball by herself or walk the track or jump rope and she had a good day. When I am concerned, and say you didn't play with any friends, she happily announces, "I played with Mr. Nobody, and it was fun!" I have realized it is more me that is injured by the way her peers treat her. She is so good and so sweet, why wouldn't the other kids love her and want to play with her? I have realized over the years she is happy in her own skin and she doesn't need the approval or acceptance of her peers. She knows who she is and she is confident. I am so proud of her. 








No comments: