Friday, October 13, 2017

KIMBERLY AND CALEB's VISIT

 They came out because sweet Kimberly was working on a picture for Leslie and her family for the past year and they needed to bring it to her in person. I will attach a picture of her work later. It is beyond breath taking and it has filled Leslie's soul in indescribable ways. I feel blessed to have been apart of that moment. She also brought us our new van. We have really needed a better family car. I was having anxiety thinking about fitting all my kids into our GX470. The backseat is hard for Sierra to sit in now. Her knees are too her chin. There was no way to fit all three boys in the second row and have access to the third row. I would have had to put the two older boys on the third row. Sierra would have had to sit in the middle despite her complaints about being squished. Madison would have had to squish in next to the baby, which would even be tight for Madison. There is hardly a middle seat in the second row. There is hardly a middle seat in the third row. I would be crawling all over the car trying to buckle little ones in. I wanted a mini-van. Nate and I argued about for two years, possibly longer. Every time we hit a point where we need a new car, I beg for a mini van and he gets angry. We settled on a full size van. It is huge. It sits twelve. It is a Sprinter. I don't know if we will ever fill it. I mean with friends, not with our own children. Although, I am open to that too. Wink, honey. It has taken a lot of humility to drive it and courage. I am certain I need more of both, so it is a good thing we bought it. Regardless, I know it is a good investment. They don't loose there value, hardly at all and you can drive them for over half a million miles. James calls it the moon van, because it is the color of the moon. I love how excited he gets to ride in it. He excitedly asked often, do we get to go for a ride in the moon van? I hope he is as excited to ride in it when I take him to high school or football practice, because this car is going to be ours for next twenty plus years.  

We took Kimberly and Caleb up to the Monument and were pretending like we were all in a tour bus. We got a few laughs.

Kimberly's back was hurting her. Nate insisted she go and see his chiropractor. While I was waiting I was chatting Caleb's ear off. I wish I was a better listener or question asker. I am bad a both. I am really good at talking. I want to change that about myself. Anyway, I was telling him about my family and I mentioned my sweet brother-in-law Spencer who was married about ten years ago and had his heart broken so badly he told me he would never marry again. Caleb said, "I use to not understand people like that until I met Kimberly. I now know the depth of love you can feel for another human being. If anything ever happened to Kimberly, I don't think I would ever recover. 








No comments: