Sunday, February 18, 2018

TWO MORE DOWN

Yesterday, I got this illness full throttle. I have a fever and chills and could no longer get out of bed. Ashton needed help getting on the potty. I needed more blankets and James was crying because everything hurt. The doctor now thinks we all have influenza B. It is a strain not included in the shot this year. Everyone has it including Nate. I started having contractions last night. I only had two every hour but it was enough to keep me up all night. I think I finally feel asleep around 4:30 in the morning and got up at 7:30. I went to see my midwife. She said my contractions were not dialating me, thankfully. I keep fearing I will have this baby with the influenza. I know fear is not faith but can you imagine giving birth with the flu. Every part of me aches and my throat hurts so bad I don't even like talking anymore. If I don't hang on till the ninth, I will probably have another Ashton or Madison birth. Yikes. I keep praying and telling Heavenly Father let thy will be done but please can I just have a peaceful James birth.

Thankfully my parents came in to town to nurse me back to health. The whole mood in my home has shifted. From one of stress and fear to one of peace and hope but my mother and father can do that to any situation. Dad cleaned up Flints poop. 22 barrels in all. Sierra has been begging for us to help her but since none of us have been well it has just piled up and it has weighed on me. (Flint is Sierra's horse. Have I mentioned him on this blog yet?)

My mother has cooked and cleaned and nursed my sick children all day. She has been an angel. My parents have thrown themselves in harms way to administer to us. I know how risky that is and how Christlike you must be to visit the sick. I can't praise there names enough.

No comments: