Tuesday, November 19, 2019

SQUEAKY

Squeaky is her best friend. There were so many miracles around us getting Squeaky. I know Heaven's hand was in it and I feel so blessed.
I was worried about finding her the right horse. Her heart was broken after Flint died and she said I would never be able to replace him. She had mentioned she wanted to look into doing dressage and jumping. She has always loved Paints. We wanted a healthy horse but we didn't want to pay a fortune for one. I wanted the horse to be around 5,000 dollars. I called my friend who knows horses and she laughed in my face and said, "You want a horse that isn't dead or hot for 5,000, wow you don't ask for much." She laughed pretty hard. I told Sierra we would have her a horse by her birthday and it was fast approaching.
We grew hay together all summer in our field to feed the horse. She had her heart sent on it. The hay was being baled and I didn't have a clue how I was going to find her a horse. I know nothing about horses. I didn't want to pick the wrong horse.
My brother was incredibly helpful and he looked a a half a dozen horses for me in Utah. We hadn't felt we had found the right one.
(Side note: Sierra was having panic attacks daily. They were brought on by social anxiety. She would have them when I dropped her off at school and for church activities. I had prayed about it and I knew the horse would be the answer. I just knew it, but I had to find the right horse.)
I kept telling Sierra, "Don't worry, mommy will get you a pony for your birthday!" She would roll her  eyes and say, "You make me sound like a brat."
I was talking to Leslie about my situation and she said, "Let me call my friend Allysa Hunt and see if she knows of a horse for sale."
She texted Allysa and got an immediate reply she said, "I am having the strongest impression that Squeaky is suppose to be her horse. Tell Lisa to call me."
I have to admit I rolled my eyes but texted Allysa back and told her we would come see her horse. I told Sierra on the way to see the horse that she was a pony. Sierra said that she would never be happy with a pony. She wanted a horse. I sarcastically told her I had only promised her a pony.
We pulled onto the Hunt's property and Allysa had two horses by the reigns. She was walking toward us. Sierra grabbed me by the arm and said, "That is my horse!" I still get a little teary thinking about. I said, "what horse? You don't know what horse she is selling." She said, "I do know. That is my horse."
Sierra climbed on Squeaky and road her around Allysa's arena. Allysa kept saying how beautiful of a rider Sierra was and how she made Squeaky look good. Her parents came out and watched Sierra ride. They both commented on a what a pretty little rider she was.
Allysa told me she had been her sole horse since she got home from her mission. She had put her life into Squeaky's hands a few times and she had never let her down. She was trained in dressage and jumping. She was eleven years old. She is a Paint.
I finally got up the courage to ask, "Allysa, how much?"
She said, "5,000."
As we drove home I said to Sierra, "I hope you know how much your Heavenly Father knows you and loves you."
We paid for Squeaky a few days before her birthday. I was able to keep my word. I don't think I have ever seen such a miraculous blessing on behalf of one of my children. She hasn't had a single panic attack since we brought Squeaky home. My mother heart felt so big and grateful to my Father-in-Heaven who knows and loves my children.

No comments: