Saturday, January 10, 2009

FABULOUS BY 30

I know you think I am kidding. I keep saying it fabulous by 30. Look for a post in the summer saying I did it. My goal is to loose eight inches off my waist and 20 pounds. This won't put me back to my pre-marriage body but will put me back to my pre-Madison body.

I was mulling over with a friend how this was going to be accomplished. I don't have a lot of time and when I have time it isn't convienient. Nate is home in the evening but I don't want to go out running in Pittsburgh at night. Young Married students don't have the luxury of gym memberships or their own home gym, so you have to get creative. My friend who lives in the building suggested I run the stairs. I live on the 19th floor of a high rise. Yesterday. I ran twenty-two floors all the way up and all the down. Then I ran up to my floor the 19th floor and back down. I stuck my head out the window to get some fresh air in my lungs and then came up to the apartment to work on my ABS.

When you see the woman hobbling down the street with legs of jell-o don't laugh because she is going to be fabulous by 30! Oh, baby! :)

3 comments:

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Good luck with this! I love the total body workout on http://www.byu.tv/ They have yoga and aerobics. I'm not a yoga person, but I love the aerobics. It's hard to do it with the kids, but I usually wait till J is napping and C does it with me - he loves it! Even if I only get a 10 min workout, I figure it's better than none!

shellydinger said...

I am jealous of your easily accessible stairs. My only option is running in circles around my living room. Very dizzy.

Shandra said...

Lol, Shelly! Honey, I think if you lost ANY weight, a good stiff wind would blow you away!! Lisa, WHOO HOO!! You're doing AWESOME! (Consider me your avid supporter!!)