Monday, January 26, 2009

HIGHWAY 28



My favorite thing about Pittsburgh. I love enjoying the scenic beauty as I drive down 28 in Pittsburgh on the way to my home. The other day I was stuck in traffic and had my camera on hand and took a few pictures. I heard once that the city can't demolish buildings as fast as they are condemned. I like to picture in my mind what this thriving city must have looked like 100 years ago. I think the people who took pride and bought and built these amazing brick homes in the height of the steel area would be sad to see what has happened to some of their homes.

1 comment:

shellydinger said...

Honestly, 28 is my favorite part of Pittsburgh. I seriously love all of those buildings. What ambiance right? I was so sad when they tore down my favorite one - but thankfully I did get a picture of it. I especially love that people still live in some of those buildings!