Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CONFESSIONS OF A PENNY PINCHER



Well, I know someday I will look back at this post and laugh. Someday when I have my Electrolux washer and dryer in my home. We live in a high rise where we have to pay for laundry. $1.50 to wash and a $1.50 to dry. Being a student, I try to cut down on the expense by hanging the clothes to dry. By the time laundry day is over, my home is filled with wet clothes hanging in all of the closets and more still hanging on each shower curtain rod. The remaining smaller items such as socks get strewed across the back of the couch and love seat. The evaporation from so many clothes drying in such an enclosed space results in so much condensation on the window it rains in our home every laundry day. Okay, there are no clouds in our home but the windows are so filled with condensation the windows release it in the form of water droplets. The other day I was feeding MJ in a chair close to the window and the window started to drizzle on my head.

Sometimes I splurge and use the dryer. You never realize how much you appreciate hugging a fresh load of laundry still warm from the dryer when you go without it. I can't wait till I have a washer and dryer again so I can throw load after load of warm laundry over top of CC's head. There is something warm and safe about being buried underneath warm clothes fresh from the dryer. I remember my mother doing that when we were little. One of the my most cherished childhood memories.

1 comment:

Shandra said...

I get sooo tired of wet clothes strung all over our bedroom!!! Especially when people want to come look at the apt. on laundry day!! But I've decided to try to be frugal when we move too! I'm still going to hang up lots of stuff to cut down on electricity. Go me! :-)