Wednesday, January 21, 2009

TRANSFORMATION OF A T-SHIRT


Lately I have been turning old ugly items of clothing to something new and more interesting. I found this men's large t-shirt at the thrift store for 1.99. I laid it flat and laid one a t-shirt that fit me on top of it. Then I just went to town cutting.

I trimmed the t-shirt fabric from the ribbing.

Then I quartered the ribbing and the neck of the t-shirt. Then I stretched and sewed the ribbing back into the neck. Then I sewed the side seams.

Then I gathered the top and bottom of the sleeve. I reattached the sleeve into the t-shirt. Then I took the little piece I trimmed from the bottom of the sleeve and used it as ribbing for the bottom of the sleeve. I cut this piece big enough to fit my arm and then sewed right sides together. Then re-attached the piece to the gathered base of the sleeve.

And easy as pie you have a new fitted t-shirt with a cute sleeve. Have fun experimenting with t-shirts. If you have any questions, hollar.

3 comments:

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Wow! I'm impressed! You are talented. What a cute shirt.

Sarah Keith said...

I love it and can't wait to do it!

Christi said...

I love it, and you're sooo talented! Ya know, I've been thinking I might make my wedding dress rather than buy. We should chat soon!

Miss you!