Thursday, April 28, 2011

BEAUTY MARKS


Beauty marks, a.k.a. moles.

I have a trillion of them.

Try and count just the ones in the picture. I bet you can't.

I haven't removed any, except one. (My aunt gave me some potion from a tree. It was suppose to magically take moles off. It worked. It left a gaping scar on my face. True story.)

I am a National Geographic magazine lover. I have my own subscription. (What does this have to do with my moles?)

There was an article featured this month.

It reads, "People with more than a hundred moles may age more slowly than others, perhaps resulting in fewer wrinkles and reduced risk of osteoporosis. The reason involves segments of DNA called telomeres, which may shrink over time. Having many moles indicates longer telomerer. This helps put off the moment when some cells are no longer able to divide and renew tissues...."

I was clutching the article in my hand and screaming. I ran into the dude room and yelled, "honey my moles are a blessing." Ahhhhhhh!

For the first time in my life, I don't mind being the molest person I know.

(I still have plans to remove some... if not most, but in the mean time I am going to relish in "ageing more slowly.")

No comments: