Saturday, April 23, 2011

EARTH DAY




Yesterday was Earth Day, those of you who don't have children in school probably forgot about this day all together.

Sierra came home so eager to do something to make a difference and help the earth.

I was quilting. I am determined to get caught up on a project I have been working on. Sierra said, "It is earth day. Are we just going to sit on our bums and do nothing? Would Jesus like that?" I guess not.

I got up and we got dressed and got some garbage bags and went and helped clean up the earth. I would have rather planted a tree, but we are renting and our rental company is really picky about everything we do. Next year, we will donate a tree to a city park and plant it. We are not picking up trash again. I had no idea what was out there. You, who are reading this, probably do. I don't want my precious daughter touching it.... not even with gloves.

Well, earth day was celebrated. I had to drag Sierra away when her bag was full. She kept saying, "But there is more trash and we need to pick it all up." She is a sweet little girl.

No comments: