Thursday, July 21, 2011

SUMATION of A RANDOM WEEK


There was a garden party with all of women in my church.
A women with a beautiful backyard hosted it.
We all dressed in pink.
We talked about books we had read and had wonderful food.
Kelly made this ice cream that came from heaven itself.
I love Maxine in the picture below she is the one on the right.
She always has a cleaver story or a funny joke to tell whenever we get together.
She carries sunshine where ever she goes.


Darcy invited us to the Grand Junction Fun Fest.
You can see MJ playing in her sunglasses.
MJ has a rough time in crowds.
She wanted to be held the whole time. She wouldn't participate in any of the fun.
She finally got down after one of the dental booths gave her a sucker in the shape of a tooth.
(Sucker Dentists...kind of an oxymoron don't you think.)
...but I didn't complain I was just glad to have her out of my arms.



I have an amazing friend that came to Grand Junction on the local train.
She brought her daughter along with her.
It was so fun to see her.
She is one of those unique people that makes a print on your life that you carry always.
She has taught me so much in the six years I have known her.
We went antique shopping and out for lunch at one of the local coffee shops.
We played down at Sister K's farm.

We were going to take the girls to a little tea party.
There is a local shop her painted like a castle. The little girls get to choose out a white pinafore and a hat to wear for the occasion.
They serve tea and dessert.
Sadly, you had to have reservation a week in advance.
Luckily, they let us come in and look around.
There was a vintage clothing shop attached to the tea shop.
I was looking around because I love vintage clothing.
I told the owner I have dreamt of designing vintage modern clothing since high school.
She said, if I would design a line of six to eight pieces she would throw me a fashion show, around the holiday season, in her shop.
Although we are Grand Junction not New York and her shop is small and quaint, I was excited.
Hey, it would be the start of a portfolio.
Remember this dress.
Sigh... and then I think about all the work... maybe.

We watched the Red Riding Hood movie. Lame.
We talked about life, she encouraged me to make a bucket list.

No comments: